Updates and Changes to the Catalog
The Library catalog system was recently upgraded, and the online catalog now has a new look and feel. We hope you’ll like the new catalog screens and find them easier to use.
Through the Library’s membership in the CARLI consortium, we share the catalog system with 76 other academic libraries in the state of Illinois. The collections of all 76 member libraries are searchable through the I-Share catalog. CARLI staff manage the system for us.
The new online catalog will perform more slowly than usual for the next few weeks while CARLI staff monitor its use and make adjustments needed to restore normal response time. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Some features you may have become accustomed to using in the old catalog will not appear in the new catalog right away, but they should be back in place before the summer is over. They include:
- Repeat search in the I-Share catalog
- Find other copies in I-Share libraries
- Text me this call number
- “Discover” links in online catalog records
- Save Search Strategy
Some new features will be present in the new online catalog right away:
- Greatly enhanced accessibility for users with screen readers
- The back button works
- Pages are bookmark-able
- My Account messages are improved
- Screens are cleaner and easier to read
- New timeout popup display (length of timeout doesn’t change)