Proposal for a revision to the Library’s Unit Annual Report guidelines. Submitted by
Tina Chrzastowski and Tom Kilton to the Administrative Council. December, 2005.
(The absolute maximum number of pages for this section of the report is two.
It should be brief, with bulleted lists used. Sentence fragments may be used in place of complete sentences where desired. In any case, brevity is requested.)
I. Highlights of the year (could include accomplishments in areas such as assessment, services to users, collection development, collection maintenance, access to collections, preservation, bibliographic control, training and staff development activities, expansion of unit’s mission and/or facilities, development activities, cooperative activities with other library units or units outside the library and/or the campus, and public engagement). Please supply brief, bulleted lists.
II. Plans for the coming year
III. SWOT exercise with regard to the past year (Optional):
I. The following statistics will be generated from Voyager for individual library units as well as library-wide:
- Cataloged volumes
- Microfilm reels
- Microfiche, print, cards (may prove problematic this year, but fixable)
- Computer files
- Cartographic materials
- Graphic materials
- Audio materials
- Film and video materials
- Musical scores and parts
II. Libraries with added holdings in the following categories will need to supply counts of these items for the Annual Report:
- Uncataloged pamphlets
- Uncataloged materials
- Archives, printed and official records
I. Number of presentations to groups (unchanged)
II. Number of participants in group or individual instruction (unchanged)
III. Number of hours open weekly (unchanged)
IV. Personnel (unchanged)
V. Cataloging (unchanged)
VI. Acquisitions (unchanged, only reported by Acquisitions, Law, Slavic and Asian)
This section remains unchanged.
- Microfiche cataloging practices will eventually need to change to include total number of fiche in each cataloged item. Until that time, this statistic will need to be reported manually.
- Voyager stats for each unit should be reported back to those units for their records.
- A single, centralized e-location should house all Annual Report data (Narrative, Statistics, Direct Services, and Preservation Statistics) in an easy-to-find website.