In all instances concerning retirement agreements, the UIUC Library complies with the Guidelines for Employment Severance Agreements, Campus Administrative Manual, Personnel Policies, Section IV/A-17 . Anyone wishing to enter into such an agreement should completely familiarize his/her self with this policy prior to making a request. One should understand that retirement agreements are neither entitlements nor rewards for meritorious service to the University.
- Proposals are usually initiated by the individual to the University Librarian, although this does not preclude the University Librarian from initiating agreements.
- Acceptance of a retirement agreement by an individual must be voluntary and free from coercion.
- Agreements will be made from less than a year up to 12 months with the option to review for renewal.
- Lump sum payments normally will not be considered in a retirement agreement.
- Retirement agreements will not include post-retirement employment.
- Details of all proposed agreements must be formalized through written communications between the individual and the University Librarian.
- All agreements must be drafted by the appropriate campus offices.
- All agreements must be approved by the University.