Reimbursements for meals and food on Campus and the Urbana-Champaign area are limited to a small number of situations.
- Professional position interviews (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
- Special Library events within the Library, e.g., staff development, staff recognition.
- Professional meetings hosted in Champaign-Urbana.
The Library does not reimburse for food including meals on either state or endowed funds for the following instances.
- Restaurant meals that are limited to the staff of the Library.
- Food within the Library, e.g. snacks for either staff or general consumption.
Authorization for all events, for which reimbursement will be requested, must be received in advance from the University Librarian or the Associate University Librarian for Planning and Budgeting. Authorization for donor meals requires the additional approval of the Director of Library Development. No reimbursements will be made by the Business Office without proper authorization.
For more information concerning rates of reimbursement for meals and food, please reference the UIUC Business and Financial Policies and Procedures Manual Section 15 – Travel and Other Employee Reimbursements.
Approved by Library Administrative Council on 12/11/00