About this Guide
One of the best ways to ensure that our website is user-friendly is to follow industry best practices, keep the content focused on key user tasks, and keep our content up-to-date at all times. This guide was written specifically for “library website” content (that lives on the WordPress platform) but may apply to other types of library content as well.
Planning, creating, and managing quality web content isn’t as easy as it might seem. It’s hard work to make things simple. Contact the Web Team (email@example.com) if you have questions, feedback, or need help.
Sources and Acknowledgments
This guide reflects industry standards and best practices and is informed by the following:
- Nicely Said: Writing for the Web with Style and Purpose by Fenton and Lee
- Many articles from 4 Syllables
- U.S. Digital Services Playbook
- University of Illinois Writing Style Guide
- UK’s Content Design Guide, Design Principles, and Content Design Patterns
- 18F’s Content Guide
- Mail Chimp Content Style Guide
- A List Apart Style Guide