Connect to Public Printing
Patrons can print from any public workstation in any library, by choosing the appropriate queue:
- Library B&W – bill to your University account, 10 cents per printed page
- Library Color – bill to your University account, 30 cents per printed page
- Library Large Format 11×17 – bill to your University account, 50 cents per printed page
- Library Pay Cash B&W – collect your printed pages at the Undergraduate Library circulation desk, pay with cash, 10 cents per printed page
- Library Pay Cash Color – collect your printed pages at the Undergraduate Library circulation desk, pay with cash, 30 cents per printed page
Patrons can also print PDF and MS Office documents from their compatible client devices using Web Print. After print jobs are submitted, patrons must release the print job from a terminal near the physical printer, using their netid or pre-paid account, or from the Undergraduate Library circulation desk for pay cash printing.
Patrons can also view their print history, request refunds, and perform other actions through the web interface.
The Library also supports prepaid accounts.
The Library uses the PaperCut system to manage all library public printers.
Public printing costs 10 cents per page for black and white printing and 30 cents per page for color printing. Users have options to pay for printing through their university account (login with their NetID), pay cash at the Undergraduate Library, or use a pre-paid account.
When is this service available?
Public printing is available whenever any library is open. Hours of service vary from one library unit to another and can be found on the Library Website.
Priority level for this service
Public printing is supported whenever any physical library location is open. Support staff are on call to address issues.
How to report a problem
Patrons may request assistance at the nearest circulation or reference desk. If the library staff cannot resolve the problem, they will assess the scope of the problem. For individual issues, they will log a ticket with the IT Help Desk, which reviews and prioritizes issues as they arrive between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
To request toner and other printer supplies (but not printer paper) for public printers, please log a ticket with the IT Help Desk or call the Help Desk at 244-4688.
Printer paper is obtained from the Stores and Distribution section of Library Facilities.
Who can use this service?
Any University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign faculty, staff, or student can use public printing. Printing fees are billed to each individual by the UI Accounts Receivable Office.
Members of the public can use public printing and pay cash for their prints at the Undergraduate Library service desk, or create a prepaid debit account to allow printing anywhere in the system. Both members of the University community and members of the public can set up prepaid accounts.
- Printing from public computers
- Print from a laptop (web print)
- Printing FAQ
- Accessing the login screen on print release stations
- PaperCut refunds
- Register a prepaid account
- Charge printing to a FOAPL account
- Check the print status page
What you must have to use this service
Public printing is available from the Library’s public workstations. Laptop printing is available for patrons connected to IllinoisNet and printing PDF or Microsoft Office files (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
The PaperCut system is managed by IT Infrastructure Management & Support. Printers are maintained by the IT Workstation and Network Support group. Printer supplies (except paper) are provided by the IT Help Desk .
Please direct user billing questions to the Library IT Help Desk via email or phone (217-244-4688).
Paper supplies are ordered by individual Library units from the Stores and Distribution section of Library Facilities.
Dependencies on other services
- Technology Services network infrastructure
- Library IT Core Infrastructure
- Library SQL server
August 1, 2012
July 8, 2015