To create a description of a University Library Residency Program for early-career librarians, including program goals and focus, candidate requirements, and suggested outline of the program itself. Working from the process used to secure the current resident (at Grainger), the taskforce will also examine other residency/fellows programs as possible models. Additionally, the taskforce will enumerate models for funding support by the Library for residency positions.
- Kirstin Dougan, Chair(Mar 2015 - No End Of Term Date Available)
- Jim Hahn(Mar 2015 - No End Of Term Date Available)
- Ayla Stein(Mar 2015 - No End Of Term Date Available)
- Skye Arseneau(Mar 2015 - No End Of Term Date Available)
- Tom Teper(Mar 2015 - No End Of Term Date Available)
Additional Committee Information
A draft of the program document is due to EC for review by March 31, 2016.
Brewer, J. (2010). Understanding the organizational value of Postmaster’s degree residency programs. Research Library Issues: A Bimonthly Report from ARL, CNI, and SPARC, (272), 24-28.
NCSU Fellows Program http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/fellows
The New Graduate Experience: Post-MLS Residency Programs and Early Career Librarianship, by Megan Zoe Perez and Cindy Ann Gruwell. Santa Barbara, CA: Libraries Unlimited, 2011.