To insure the right of a faculty member to initiate a formal grievance concerning actions or policies of the unit or the actions of another individual(s).
The Committee shall:
- Address complaints concerning actions and policies of the Library, its officers, committees, or faculty.
- Consider appeals of personnel decisions in the following areas: salary, reappointment, and promotion and tenure.
- Consider appeals relating to administrative decisions.
- Report its findings in written form to the grievant and to the respondents and
- Advise the University Librarian of its recommendations.
The Library Faculty Appeals and Grievance Committee shall be a Standing Committee elected by the Faculty consisting of five members of the faculty of the rank of Associate Professor and above who serve a two-year term. No individual who has an appointment as University Librarian or Associate University Librarian may serve on the Committee.
- MJ Han(Aug 2018 - Aug 2020)
- Cindy Ingold(Aug 2018 - Aug 2020)
- Marek Sroka(Aug 2018 - Aug 2020)
- Joanne Kaczmarek(Aug 2019 - Aug 2021)
- Peg Burnette(Aug 2019 - Aug 2021)
- Jennifer Teper, Chair(Aug 2016 - Aug 2019)
- Yoo-Seong Song(Aug 2016 - Aug 2019)