The Cataloging unit is responsible for the cataloging, classification, and subject analysis of the library’s collections in all formats and languages which the library acquires and publishes. Cataloging leads the library’s efforts to keep the collections vital and up-to-date by providing best practices, training, and services for cataloging and metadata creation, as well as maintenance that ensures the discovery and access of the library collections.
Submit requests for cataloging maintenance via the following forms:
Requests for Alma Cataloging Authorization should be sent to Library IT.
Other questions should be directed to the appropriate person:
- Head, Acquisitions and Cataloging Services: Myung-Ja Han
- Authority Control: Chloe Ottenhoff
- Monographic & Media Cataloging: Alisha Taylor
- Serials Cataloging: Myung-Ja Han
- E-Resource Cataloging: Willy Kries
- Government Documents: Alisha Taylor
- Rare Book and Manuscript Cataloging: Chloe Ottenhoff
- Music & Performing Arts Cataloging: Alisha Taylor
- Metadata Services:
- Training: Alisha Taylor
A full listing of Acquisitions and Cataloging Services staff and contact information can be found in the library’s Departmental Directory.