• All travel must be approved before the travel takes place.  If employee is traveling for business and away from work on scheduled day of work, the form must be completed and approved, even if it is a local event.  To request approval, fill out the Professional Development Funding Form.  The BHRSC will review the request and contact the employee.

Receipts for reimbursement must be turned in to BHRSC within 20 days of the completion of travel, giving enough time to meet the Payables deadline of 60 days. If the reimbursement is past 6o days, it is considered taxable income to the traveler.  Taxable amounts will be submitted to the OBFS, University Payroll and the tax of approximately 30% will be withheld from the employee’s paycheck. These amounts will be included on the employee’s Form W-2.

Memo must be included stating the following

  • Date and Time of Departure
  • Date and Time of Return
  • Purpose of the trip
  • What account (faculty travel fund, administration, or specific account number)
  • Mileage if applicable
  • Taxi/Parking/Tolls under $10 need dates/amounts

Original paid receipts for traveler

Air/Rail – itinerary showing traveler name, amount, and balance zero

Personal car – mapquest or google maps miles

Car Rental – original receipt showing paid amount and balance zero

Taxi/Parking/Tolls – original receipt over $10, if under indicate dates/amounts

Lodging – Itemized original receipt showing traveler name, amount and balance zero

Note:  If shared a room, indicate single same as double, or that you are only claiming half

If the lodging receipt is not in your name, attach a credit card statement with your name, or a copy of your credit card that was charged

Meals or Per Diem