Time and Location of Meeting
September 8, 20219:00 am - 10:00 am Zoom
- LAC 2021-2022 Box folder
- What’s something you look forward to doing post-pandemic? OR What’s something you’re excited about this school year?
- The October LAC Meeting will be a full brainstorming meeting for projects. Here are some questions to guide brainstorming:
- Study exemption in our LAC Box: https://uofi.box.com/s/usqpj62xe8002ka9cyertzh13hdbbq9j
- Please suggest any feedback on new assessment WordPress draft page put together by Lindsay: https://www.library.illinois.edu/staff/assessment/about-assessment/
- Especially looking for more input on the Why Assess? section
- Wednesday, October 13, 2021 at 9:00 am
- Wednesday, November 10, 2021 at 9:00 am
- Wednesday, December 8, 2021 at 9:00 am
- Wednesday, January 12, 2022 at 9:00 am
- Wednesday, February 9, 2022 at 9:00 am
- Wednesday, March 9, 2022 at 9:00 am
- Wednesday, April 13, 2022 at 9:00 am
- Wednesday, May 11, 2022 at 9:00 am
Jen-chien Yu, Erin Kerby, Rebecca Smith, Yali Feng, Shuyong Jiang, Belinda Bolivar, Alex Deeke, Mary Ton, Amy Fry, John Laskowski, Lindsay Taylor
1. Introductions & Community Agreement
- Jen highlighted location of committee information and agenda on WordPress: https://www.library.illinois.edu/staff/committee/library-assessment-committee/
- Community agreement read over and discussion of creating an inclusive environment
- Emphasized confidentiality and personal privacy of Stories Stay, Lessons Go
2. Group icebreaker
- Importance of creating a sense of connection, especially after Beth Hoag’s Student Experience Survey presentation last week
- Becky shared Mintel’s Timeline for Success for recently acquired Mintel modules as something she’s excited about in assessment
3. Preliminary Response to Brainstorming Questions
Brainstorming Questions (from agenda):
- Learning & pedagogy assessments are crucial in this moment of pivoting between in-person and virtual instruction, especially responding to students’ desire for in-person instruction.
- Similar need to assess library services: which services should be virtual vs. in-person? What is wanted from the physical space vs. the virtual space of the library?
- How do we create a new virtual space of the library that meets student needs/expectations? How does the website reflect this; what could be changed?
- How do we ensure the new construction’s spaces are inclusive for all students?
Brainstorming will continue in October LAC Meeting.
4. Action Items
- Vote on whether members feel comfortable with Jennifer Nelson’s observation study (exempt form in LAC Box)
- Some members give verbal consent or type consent in chat
- Email Jen if there are any private concerns
- Jen will reach out to members who were unable to attend today’s meeting to obtain consent
- Interest expressed in seeing study results later
- Look at new assessment page and give feedback via email to Jen & Lindsay
- Jen reviewed LAC tentative meeting schedule, including new Community of Practice (CoP) meetings to learn about assessment techniques and tools or work on projects
- CoP meetings are optional for those who are not interested in the meeting topic (topics tba)
- Continue to reflect on brainstorm questions to bring ideas to October LAC meeting