Time and Location of Meeting
September 1, 2016
Agenda not yet available.
IAS Staff Meeting
September 1, 2016
Present: Jan Adamczyk, Kit Condill, Shuyong Jiang, Lisa Renee Kemplin, Joe Lenkart, Lynne Rudasill, Antonio Sotomayor, Mara Thacker, Xiaoping Qi, and Steve Witt
Announcements & Accolades:
- The beginning of the year potluck/picnic is Thursday, September 8 at 5pm at the Illini Grove. Please bring a dish to share.
- All desk staff are new undergrads with the exception of two hours each by our GA’s. Please be patient as they learn.
- There are some openings for contributors to our IAS Blog this year. Please consider signing up. It was suggested that we might want to cover September 21 International Peace day by interviewing Clara and or Susan from the Mortenson Center.
- Explored interest and what it would look like to have ongoing conversations on all aspects of collection development. Suggested topics included funds, approval plans, gifts, accounts, collaboration with faculty and internationally, and access and sharing. Possible brown bag lunch series. Could include guests from other library departments as speaker. Will wait for Atoma’s return in October to implement.
- Steve shared the current Web Archiving project statistical results. If you are interested in being part of an interest group, please let Steve know. Lynne and Kit have expressed interest.
- Discussed ongoing issues with easy search.
- Reviewed and discussed goals for IAS list. Identified areas that goals are currently being met.
- Lynne suggested that Subject Specialists might want to target upper level classes for instruction.
- International Reference-will be sending out some new guides of regional resources for your review. Dissertation workshop is October 19. Planning meeting is Friday, September 9 at 2pm in Rm 323c.
- ITEC-Please send names of suggested members to Lynne. Meeting time schedule will be announced shortly.
- IASC21 Meeting-Conference is scheduled for October 13 and 14. All are invited to participate. There will be a dinner on the evening of October 13 at Golden Harbor. You will receive an email asking for RSVP shortly.