Time and Location of Meeting
October 1, 20131:00 pm - 3:00 pm 428 Library
Agenda not yet available.
Skye Arseneau, Kelly McCusker, Cindy Kelly, Cindy Ingold, Lucy Moynihan, Susan Schnuer, Beth Woodard, Zoe Revell
- Diversity Committee training for services for patrons with visual or hearing impairments. (Cindy Ingold)
Topics would include: how to use special equipment, where specific services and equipment are located, and using specific language software. Possibly 2 or 3 sessions. Would like to incorporate this content into Hub Training. Ask Mary Beth Allen about DRES training and Lori Mestre, Inclusive Illinois.
- Retreat. (Beth Woodard)
Update that there will be no library wide retreat this year. John wants to have a working session for faculty and APs, so the building will not be closed for the entire day, just for the cleaning part of the day.
- Research Impact Measurement Service (Lisa Hinchliffe)
This was brought up at last week’s faculty meeting, and Lisa has suggested that we develop some training on this. Funding may be an issue for this.
- Outlook tips and tricks (Beth Woodard)
Mary Laskowski and Lisa Hinchliffe are both willing to demo some tips and tricks, but we’ll need some sort of dummy account for them to use for demonstration purposes. Tentative date: December 12.
Possibility of having a “dummy” account for training purposes. Upgrade to Office 2013 is pending.
- Wellness activities (Zoe Revell)—upcoming plans include the Passport project, which has just started, a bird walk by Lucy. Michelle Guerra will do two back to back sessions on October 17 regarding the smoking session plans. This will be an approved event. November is diabetes awareness month.
- I have applied for a sabbatical for next year: September 16, 2014 to May 15, 2015. We should talk about how to divide up my training responsibilities, and who might be willing to chair the committee next year.
Next meeting: Tuesday, November 5 1:30-3 pm in 428 Library
Reminder: Supervisory dates for spring
• Tuesday, February 11th – intro and DiSC 9 am – 4pm
• Thursday, February 13th Leadership legacy 9 am – 4 pm
• Thursday, February 27th Change Management: The Place In Between 1 pm – 4 pm
• Tuesday, March 4 Positive Work Environment: My Kind of Office 9am to noon
• Thursday, March 20 9 am to noon
UIUC’s spring break is March 22 – March 30th
• Tuesday, April 3 9 am to noon