Time and Location of Meeting
November 5, 2015
Agenda not yet available.
IAS Staff Meeting
November 5, 2015
Present: Jan Adamczyk, Kit Condill, Shuyong Jiang, Lisa Renee Kemplin, Joe Lenkart, Laila Hussein Moustafa, Xiaoping Qi, Lynnne Rudasill, Antonio Sotomayor, and Steve Witt
Announcements & Accolades:
- Congratulations to Jan for earning the Library-wide Civil Service Employee Award. His name will be added to the pool of campus wide applicants.
- Yankee Book Peddler training on November 12 from 2-3pm. Gobi training for IAS at same time.
- Globalization Campus Faculty Discussion is November 10 from 12-1:30 at 104 Illini Union.
- Preparing Undergraduates for Global Citizenship Lecture on November 13 at 9am at 126 GSLIS.
- Millercomm Lecture Mind and Murals: The Buddhist Cave Paintings of the Mogao Grottoes in China will be held at the Spurlock Museum on November 9 at 4pm.
- IAS’ GH Dr. Sonal Mithal Modi will be giving a lecture on November 10 at 5:30pm at 109 Davenport Hall on UNESCO World Heritage Sites and Tourism in India.
- Consensus to have holiday party at restaurant. We currently have 14 student meals to cover. Donations are now accepted. Date and place to be determined later.
- Checked in regarding Title VI monies and hindrances to gaining access to monies.
- Center updates–Global Studies’ Director and Assistant Director resigned. Currently looking for an interim. The searches will be concurrent. REECE just hired a new Associate Director and Outreach Coordinator.
- Antonio shared his slides and gave a talk about his recent trip to Havana, Cuba. He will be returning to Havana in June for a conference.