Time and Location of Meeting
November 3, 2016
Agenda not yet available.
IAS Staff Meeting
November 3, 2016
Present: Jan Adamczyk, Atoma Batoma, Shuyong Jiang, Lisa Renee Kemplin, Joe Lenkart, Antonio Sotomayor, Mara Thacker, Xiaoping Qi, and Steve Witt
Announcements & Accolades:
- Antonio Sotomayor was featured in a News Gazette article on the upcoming presidential election.
- Atoma Batoma has been approached by the US Embassy in Togo to work on a project.
- Laila Hussein Moustafa was recognized for her work by the State Department in the Middle East.
- Students who have been associated with IAS recently received job offers.
- The Advancement Office is looking for testimonial thank you letters from library staff to donors that they could include in the annual report. The reports are now being issued as a wall calendar. Please send your letters to the Advancement Office.
- Discussed the study collection groups for IAS. Suggestion to meet after staff meetings once a month at the YMCA and BIFF. The lead for the group discussion will rotate among IAS staff members. First meeting will be January 12 at 11am. Possible source for discussion will be a chapter from Dan Hazen’s, Building Area Studies Collections Staff should look at source between now and first meeting to see if the information is still relevant.
- ITEC –Antonio is working with Lynne to plan for the tables for the Library Advancement Donor Event on November 11. Steve confirmed that it is possible to have two tables. Suggestions for dealing with larger banners included using lap top to display and making a poster with the information. Antonio may purchase foam board for the display.
- International Reference –Ad Hoc Advisory Group will meet again upon Yoo-Seong’s return. They will send the charge and names of committee members to IAS staff. They will be seeking input from IAS faculty and stakeholders. Timelines for reports may need to be adjusted to take in account the upcoming holidays. The office hours held by Joe and GA’s will begin after Thanksgiving. Promotional material will be forwarded.
- IAS Space Group-First meeting is scheduled for November 17 at 1pm.
- Mara will be in India in December and will be using our Twitter account to highlight her trip. All are encouraged to use the IAS social media accounts during their travels and in general. Joe sent the information for the twitter account after the meeting: