Time and Location of Meeting
November 21, 20051:30 pm - 3:00 pm 428 Library
- Use of 428 and other Library conference rooms for regularly scheduled classes
(10 minutes – Bob)
Outcome: Suggestions for reaffirmation of or changes to current policy
- Retention of faculty and staff on Libnews and Libfac after retirement.
(10 minutes – Beth)
Outcome: Suggestions for Policy
- Presence in building after hours policy
(40 minutes – Bob)
Outcome: Revision of proposed policy and forwarding of same to EC for their comment
- Voyager downtime around Memorial Day for installation of new version — implications for work, etc.
(15 minutes – Bob and Beth)
Outcome: Suggestions for workplace responses, alternate plans, etc.
- Announcements, etc.
Bob Burger-Acting Chair, Tom Kilton, Betsy Kruger, William Maher, Bill Mischo (for Tina Chrzastowski), Beth Sandore, Diane Schmidt, Karen Schmidt, Sue Searing, Dee Shonkwiler, Karen Wei, Lynn Wiley, Vistor-John Weible, Kim Reynolds-recording
- Use of 428 and other Library conference rooms for regularly scheduled classes (10 minutes – Bob Burger)Bob will draft a policy. The conference rooms are not to be used for classes, with some minor exceptions.
- Retention of faculty and staff on Libnews and Libfac after retirement –Beth Sandore, John WeibleFaculty may opt-in to Libnews and LibFac as long as they have a current UIUC Net ID and active UIUC email account.
- Presence in building after hours policy – Bob BurgerThe issues are personal safety and Collection security. Bob will make changes to the policy to include leaving number 1 under Main Library building and deleting 2 & 3. Keeping number 4 under Grainger & UGL, changing number 2 to reflect no staff from 11:00pm – 7:00am, and deleting number 6. The policy will go forward to EC, by December 1 if there are no further comments.
It was also brought up that the bookdrop is a collection security issue.
- Voyager downtime around Memorial Day for installation of new version — implications for work, etc – Bob Burger and Beth SandoreDivisions should send implications of this to Kim by December 2. What would be the best time to do this?
- Announcements, etc.Bob Burger – 698 negotiations continue. So far only non-economic issues have been discussed. Focus on economic issues will probably begin in December