Time and Location of Meeting
November 2, 2017
Agenda not yet available.
IAS Staff Meeting
November 2, 2017
Present: Jan Adamczyk, Atoma Batoma, Lisa Renee Kemplin, Joe Lenkart, Laila Hussein Moustafa, Lynne Rudasill, Antonio Sotomayor, Mara Thacker, and Steve Witt
Announcements & Accolades:
- The superhero librarians is moving forward. There will be a green screen in media commons in UGL.
- Think about if we want to do an end of the semester celebration.
- Lynne reminded untenured staff to turn in proposals for the Research Publication Funding Request. This is for this fiscal year.
- Lisa Renee is asking for help during events. She will continue to reserve the IT equipment needed and would like the sponsoring staff member for the event to pick up the equipment from IT in the morning of the event and bring to the IAS desk. They will sign in with their credentials when picking up equipment and also sign in for set up. It would also be helpful if they would return the equipment after the event. Thanks in advance for your assistance.
- ISRL will be early this year—July 8-21. Lynne appreciates the help from staff for this past summer’s lab.
- Erin demonstrated how the resource page from our website does not contain full information for our unit. Discussion resulted in removing the page that does not work and adding an orange bar to our front page that includes how to use the library, hot to type in other languages, and research guides as one of the options. The consensus is for the information to be separated by region. Still interest in moving the easy search to the bottom of the page. Antonio will talk to IT about the desired changes.
- Looked at the directory pages and noted problems with representation of IAS. All should review their individual profiles and make sure that the information is accurate.
- Send in any project ideas for practicum students from the iSchool and Information Management students.
- Possible project that was mentioned last year in iTEC in conjunction with the Study Abroad Program is to create guides for LGBTQIA traveling abroad. Jay Pahre might be a good resource for creating this as he also works at the LGBTQIA Center on campus.
- Laila brought up the recent faculty meeting. Campus is focused on science and engineering. She suggests it would be good to figure out the role the library can play in this endeavor.
- Encourage contacts to take the space survey. Table tents are in the library to help reach current patrons.