Time and Location of Meeting
November 15, 2012
Agenda not yet available.
IAS Faculty Staff Meeting Minutes –November 15, 2012
In Attendance: Witt, Rudasill, P. Carns, Adamczyk, Qi, Oono, Thacker, Pfeiffer
- Reading Day Potluck planned for Thursday, December 13, 2012 in 323c
- Sign up on IAS wiki page,
- Committees for preparation and tidying up
- Those who wish to take home leftovers should bring containers
- Laila Moustafa starts 11/20. IAS staff will be taking her to lunch on that day. Venue TBD.
Update of IASL space organization:
- Room 331 Laila and Mara
- Room 329 Lynne and Atoma (set up to take place during the winter break)
- Furniture from 313 to be moved to 329
- Room 313 to be used as a collaborative work space
- IMLS grant boxes should be moved to Shuyong’s office
- Card Catalog Retirement—Nov. 15 start date
- Hub for spring semester: Laila, Mara, Debora
- Possible re-allocation of hours for the Hub
- Perhaps non-tenured faculty and GAs should not be included in the calculations
- Should untenured and/or faculty even work at the Hub?
- Reference and User Services
- Usability study is in the works
Outreach Working Group
- International Games Day planned: 11am-4pm drinks and snacks
- Maybe Therapy Dogs will return
- First event had approx. 500 attendees
- Room 295 in UGL will soon be retired as an instruction space
- ACES 509 and Grainger are under-utilized
- Question: is it advisable to factor in buffer time when scheduling these rooms?
- PRIMO: some dissatisfaction
- Not so good for newspaper searches
- Brings up too many hits for undergrad-type searches
- IAS Sweeps Week
- Bookeye Scanner is a huge draw
- We should advertise
- More patrons have been using IASL study space
- Proposal: the Savvy Researcher should have a session on the use of scanners, microfilm/fiche readers.