May 8, 2018 Meeting of Diversity Committee

Time and Location of Meeting

May 8, 201810:00 am - 11:00 am 428 Main Library

Agenda Details


Minute Taker: Jessica Ballard

  • Approve April meeting minutes – All
  • Additions to the Agenda
  • Thanking Outgoing Members – Ellen, Qiang, Zoe
  • Diversity Potluck Plans – Zoe
  • Updating Diversity Statement
  • Events for Introducing Current Student Workers to Librarianship
  • Summer Meetings – June 12, July 10, August 14 – Should we meet?

Minutes Details


Cindy Sue Ingold, Jessica Ballard, Atoma Batoma, Angie Gruendl, Qiang Jin, Ellen Swain, Donna Hoffman


Minute Taker: Jessica Ballard

    1. Approved April meeting minutes as a amended.

Angie will continue to get more information about archiving the meeting minutes. Not all of the minutes are currently posted. We can continue to move forward.

    1. Additions to the Agenda. None were mentioned.
    2. Outgoing members. Ellen, Qiang, Angie, Zoe. New committee pages are not posted for terms, but Kim said they will be posted in the summer.

Members remaining are Heather, Atoma, Cindy, Jessica and J.J for now. There is some interest expressed in joining the committee.

Cindy will ask Nancy O’Brian to see if residents can be committee members since the job length has been extended.

  1. Potluck – The YMCA is available June 15th and June 19th. Tentatively June 15th is best. Cindy will tell Zoe. There will not be any grilling.
  2. Updating Diversity Statement – See the revisions page. Last sentence will be deleted. A link will be Included with the campus diversity statement.
  3. Events for Introducing Current Student Workers to Librarianship – From the April meeting there were discussions about reaching out to the student workers about careers in librarianship. Reaching out specifically for reaching out to sophomores. Especially students that have continually worked for the libraries. UGL, SSHEL, Granger- Jamie Hansen and Sheila McGowan. Consider inviting the GAs to discuss some of their experiences. One event in the fall and one event in the summer. Consider partnering with the library school.
  4. Summer Meetings – No meetings in August. It’s Ellen’s last meeting. Will meet in June and we will decide at the June meeting if we will meet in July. Bring ideas to discuss fall semester planning. Cindy will meet with a member of the Ischool diversity committee meeting.