Time and Location of Meeting
May 3, 20211:30 pm - 3:00 pm Zoom Meeting
May 3, 2021
- Approve minutes – April 26, 2021
- Question Time
- Discuss topics to discuss for next week EC AULs/Directors
- Updates to 5-year Unit Head Review Process
- Provost Communication #4
- Select 5-year Review Committee
May 3, 2021
Zoom Conference Call
EC Attendees: John Wilkin (Chair); William Maher (Vice-Chair); Dan Tracy (Secretary); Mara Thacker, David Ward, Kelli Trei, Jennifer Teper, and Peg Burnette. Lucretia Williams, Recording
- Minutes – The April 26, 2021 minutes were approved with changes upon the motion Peg Burnette and seconded by Kelli Trei.
- Question Time – Dean Wilkin will be meeting with the Provost on Friday, May 7, 2021 to discuss Phase 5 plans and the building project.
David Ward raised the possibility of a dual career hire and EC discussed the process and suggested a screening committee.
- Discussion topics for AUL’s/Directors at next EC –The AULs and Directors will attend EC on Monday, May 10, 2021 from 2-2:30. EC would like for the AULs/Directors to discuss fall plans, the Senate Presentation to the Committee on the Library, and regular updates. Lucretia will inform the AUL’s/Directors with the topics of discussion.
- Updates to 5-year Unit Head Review Process – Dean Wilkin encouraged EC to review Provost Communication #24 and consider ways we might update our head review process to be more parallel. Jennifer Teper, who is currently completing a Head review using the existing process, will draft a revision to the unit head review process document and confer with David Ward and Mary Laskowski, who have also run reviews recently. Two likely additions will be a request for a self-review document by the unit head and a second document addressed to the head from the committee, which is a summary of content from the report given to the Dean.
- Select 5-year Review Committee – EC appointed a 5-year Review Committee for a Unit Head. Lucretia Williams will reach out to those appointed and report back to EC of their decision.
Meeting Adjourned 2:40 pm