Time and Location of Meeting
March 5, 20131:30 pm - 3:00 pm 428 Library
Agenda not yet available.
Paula Carns, Michael Fleming, Lisa Hinchliffe, Cindy Ingold, Mary Laskowski, Kim Matherly, Beth Woodard, Cherie Weible
- Review of Agenda
- Review notes to this point—Have facilitators review the summaries that Julia made and synthesize, if possible. We need to make a recommendation to EC
- The 2 page summary for New UL was reviewed.
- Do you want a retreat?
- When do you want it? August and January are the best for public services staff, but not for processing folks.
- How long should it be?
- Is it mandatory or not? Needs to be clear how supervisors handle questions. Pros and cons
- What are the parameters for topics?
- Who handled? First 3 were the AUL for Services: Bob and Scott, Diversity committee helped with # 2, Staff Development helped with #3.
- LAMP update (Cindy Ingold)
- This is moving along. Website will be up soon. Registration will begin in March
- Wellness activities (Zoe Revell—not attending)–updates
- Pedometer challenge—April. Michelle Guerra will do the pedometer calibration session the last week of March
- Money Smart week sessions — April 23 and 25—Identify Theft and Credit Score
- Working on Spring Cleaning for our inboxes to the BOX
- May hope to do CPR class
- Orientation checklist and follow up.
- Cindy and Beth are working on scheduling follow up with those who’ve been hired in last 6 months of so….tentative date April 4 from 10 to 12 in 314. Suggestions for content (other than answering questions) would be appreciated.
i. Ask: What are things people need to know about sooner?
7. Supervisory training
- Cindy presenting workshops:
- Job description writing training
- Did follow-up discussions on DiSC
- 2 more sessions have been contracted with Shirley Stelbrink
- One suggestion was “crucial conversations” – Shirley will send a draft of what she would cover in this
- Other suggestions included :
- Business writing. There seems to be a lack of professionalism, communication and civility in emails. Writing Effective Emails: Professional Communication in the Digital Age. Don’t have ideas for individuals to present.
- How to estimate time for projects.
- Task assessment, project management resource allocation
- Assessing your own strengths and weaknesses in projects
- Best tips and tricks to use in existing software, like Outlook
- Training Topics suggested:
From AC: training for committee chairs on how to run meetings. Jan Ison has been contacted and will do a session on running meetings in May.
Next meeting; Tuesday, April 2, 1:30-3 pm in 428 Library