March 25, 2019 Meeting of Executive Committee

Time and Location of Meeting

March 25, 2019

Agenda Details


Agenda not yet available.

Minutes Details




March 25, 2019


428 Library


Present: John Wilkin, chair; David Ward, vice-chair; Mary Laskowski, secretary; Paula Carns, William Maher, Bill Mischo, Nancy O’Brien, Lynne Rudasill, Lynne Thomas; Recording – Kim Matherly


  1. 2:00-2:30pm – Greg Knott, Budget

Greg discussed the budget with EC.


  1. Approve minutes – March 11

Minutes were approved with a motion by Lynne Rudasill, seconded by Paula Carns.


  1. Question Time

The ArchivesSpace board meeting is tomorrow in Chicago and then John will go to California for fundraising.


The membership and charge for the Campus Building Committee has been agreed upon. Information about the committee should be coming out soon. Our current Library Building Project committees will feed into what the Campus Committee will be doing.


John plans to have a town hall in the fall to discuss the Library Building Project. The Campus Committee is advisory to the Provost, Vice Chancellor for Research and John.


EC discussed a personnel issue.


The Mellon Foundation is sponsoring a program working jointly with libraries and museums. John has had an initial meeting with Jon Seydl, Director of the Krannert Art Museum. Mellon is interested in doing something with a lasting impact on infrastructure and engagement, bringing libraries and museums together. Jon has suggested some ideas and follow-on conversations are taking place.


A proposal will go to the Senate to move the Illinois Informatics Institute (I3) to the iSchool. This will give the program (including Ph.D. students) a college home. John will write a letter of support on behalf of the proposal.


  1. Agenda for AUL meeting 4/1

Regular updates.


  1. PRC

EC nominated a member.


  1. Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion

EC will ask the Faculty Agenda Committee to work with Cindy Ingold to identify a speaker from campus to provide an overview and best practices for workplace communication that recognizes and is inclusive of gender identity and present at a future Faculty meeting.


  1. Digital Signage Working Group

Deferred to another meeting.



03/13/2019 – Approved job description – PSED Liaison and Innovation Librarian

03/14/2019 – Approved Merrick fund