Time and Location of Meeting
March 2, 20201:30 pm - 3:00 pm 428 Main Library
March 2, 2020
- Approve minutes – February 24
- Question Time
- Agenda for AULs – 3/9
- AUL Review Update
- Discussion Innovation Reports
- Undergrad Teaching and Learning Librarian Job Description
- Discussion Amended Engagement Task Force charge
- Appointing PRC Member
- Search Committee Members Document
March 2, 2020
Attendees: John Wilkin (Chair); David Ward (Vice-Chair); Paula Carns; William Maher; William Mischo; Mara Thacker; Jennifer Teper; Lynne Thomas; and Lynne Rudasill (Secretary);. Lucretia Williams, Recording
- Minutes of the February 24, 2020 meeting were approved with changes upon the motion by Bill Maher and second by Paula Carns.
- Question Time – Dean Wilkin gave an update on his trip to AZ for Illini Days on February 26 – March 1, 2020 in Scottsdale. The Friendscript which focused on the building project and the vault has begun to have some positive impact.
Dean Wilkin informed EC that the University Library Annual Budget Meeting is scheduled on Friday, March 6, 2020. Dean Wilkin sent the executive summary to all of EC to review and it was prepared for the Provost’s Office.
Tim Newman shared with Dean Wilkin a graph for the building project with the next stages fleshed out including the capital review process, biding, and the construction; EC should be seeing that soon. There will be a slide at the Library Quarterly Update Meeting on Thursday, March 5, 2020.
Paula Carns confirmed members on the Emerging Technology and Immersive Learning Search Team. Dean Wilkin suggested that we continue to move searches forward despite busy schedules. It’s easier for us to catch our colleagues up with update from search committees than to correct misapprehensions with candidates.
Dean Wilkin explained that the Unit Head position is a 5 year appointment and also are reviewed at two year in and then five review. Lucretia has spreadsheet of the Unit Heads and the review periods approaching, Lucretia will then inform Dean Wilkin.
Paula Carns had a conversation with HR about adding salaries on faculty job postings. HR found out that it’s up to the units to make the decision. Dean Wilkin suggested that there be more communication with HR about this and then come back to update EC once we know what the set floors are. Dean Wilkin concluded and EC agreed that the floor for AP and Faculty positions for Assistant and for incoming entry-level AP’s and adding the language about salary and rank.
- Agenda for AULs – 3/9
- Scope, Charge, and Appoint Library Building Programming Group
- Pre-Tenure Track Working Group Discussion
- Regular updates/activities
- AUL Review Update – AUL’s Annual Reviews and CV’s are now uploaded to Wiki and ready for review.
- Discussion Innovation Reports – EC approved two Innovation Reports with some minor amendments. David Ward will reach out to the people who submitted the reports and inform them of EC approval.
- Undergrad Teaching and Learning Librarian Job Description – EC discussed the Undergraduate Teaching and Learning Librarian position description and had some concerns on the language in the qualifications required section and suggested it should read as: ‘Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited in Library Information Sciences or equivalent advanced degree’. EC wanted more clarity as it relates to the verbiage and the accreditation process and not the degree.
- Discussion Amended Engagement Task Force Charge –EC suggested some minor language changes for clarity. EC then approved and Lucretia will send the charge to the members.
- Appointing PRC Member A faculty member was selected by EC and Lucretia will contact everyone and report back to EC via email of their willingness to serve.
- Search Committee Members Document – Paula Carns shared with EC a spreadsheet that Skye created to assist with all the current search committees, members, and dates. This spreadsheet will assist when selecting the member/committee serve and to also better manage deadlines. This spreadsheet will be placed in a Box folder for accessibility for select people and with limited Box permissions.