Time and Location of Meeting
March 15, 20041:30 pm - 3:00 pm 428 Library
- Consistency of Hours
Outcome: Determine policies
- Grant Policies
R. Allen and Sandore
Outcome: Review policies
- HR Issues
Outcome: Discuss perceived inconsistencies and lack of appropriate advanced notice for selected actions
- E-Resources Use Violations
Outcome: Establish procedures for handling reported e-resource use violations
- Announcements and Updates
Paula Kaufman, Chair, Rod Allen, Bob Burger, Tina Chrzastowski, Lisa German, Peggy Glatthaar, Lisa Hinchliffe, John Hoffmann (for Tom Kilton), Lyn Jones, Betsy Kruger, Bill Maher, Beth Sandore, Diane Schmidt, Karen Schmidt, Sue Searing, Paula Watson, Karen Wei, John Weible, Lynn Wiley
- Consistency of Hours – BurgerThe Committee decided they needed more data before they could make a decision. Bob will look at what other large research libraries and CIC are doing and give this information to the divisions. As far as summer hours, they will be based on the current budget. Fall hours will be set when we get the new budget.
- Grant Policies – R. Allen, SandoreThe policy was discussed and it was suggested that number seven be amended to include a statement that the PI is responsible for sending copies to Grants and Contracts. The policy was approved with the amendment and a negative vote by Bill Maher.
- E-Resources Use Violations – K. SchmidtThe proposed procedure was approved with suggested edits. The sample letter to violators informing them of the violation and the consequences needs to be recast. Karen will make the changes.
- Announcements and UpdatesBurger – Two months ago Tom Teper came to the AC meeting and explained the salvage priorities and the form that needs to be filled out. This is a reminder to get those forms turned in. The form can be found athttp://www.library.uiuc.edu/committee/admin/meeting2003-2004.html.
Watson – The kickoff for the Year of the Press was successful. The next events are April 2 at 12:00 noon – “Life Cycle of the Book” and April 5 at 12:00 noon – “William Maxwell: Constructing Claude McKay’sComplete Poems.” There will also be a May exhibit in the UIUC Main Library entitled, “What you should know about University Presses: Contributions to Scholarship, Society and Artistic Expression.”
German – Atoma Batoma is starting March 16 in Cataloging. He has an enormous number of language skills. He is an assistant professor and a TOPS appointment.
Jones – The latest financial report from the Foundation on the Campaign shows we are $100,000 short of $10 million towards our $30 million goal. We have another large gift that has matured that we will be receiving soon.
We have a date from DIA, on September 11 the UCLA game will be designated as Library Day. There will be half-time spots about the Library on TV. Bobby Mitchell – a Football Hall of Famer that played at Illinois and also for the Cleveland Browns and the Redskins will be on the field at half-time with Paula to talk about the Library.
The Friends Board meets April 23. That is also the date of the Ebert Film Festival.
We will be at Printer’s Row again this year on June 5 & June 6. The Book Expo in Chicago is the same weekend and they have special librarian rates.
Roxanne Frey is looking for volunteers for commencement weekend.