March 11, 2019 Meeting of Executive Committee

Time and Location of Meeting

March 11, 2019

Agenda Details




March 11, 2019


428 Library




  1. 2-2:30 – Chris Prom – Role of IT
  2. Approve minutes – March 4
  3. Question Time
  4. Merrick Fund Applications
  5. Personnel Issue
  6. PRC

Minutes Details




March 11, 2019


428 Library


Present: John Wilkin, chair; David Ward, vice-chair; Mary Laskowski, secretary; Paula Carns, Bill Maher, Mill Mischo, Nancy O’Brien, Lynne Rudasill, Lynne Thomas; Visitor – Chris Prom


  1. 2-2:30 – Chris Prom – Role of IT in decisions regarding library services

Chris talked about the things he and Tracy Tolliver are working on to build a more cohesive understanding between Library faculty and IT. EC stated some concerns and Chris will make sure he and Tracy address those.


  1. Approve minutes – March 4

Minutes were approved with a motion from Nancy O’Brien, seconded by Paula Carns.


  1. Question Time

John met with the Provost and discussed the Library Building Project campus committee and the UC Elsevier contract. The Provost, along with Susan Martinis, is working on the membership for the campus committee. He understands the urgency and importance of getting this committee appointed and hopes to be able to announce the membership in late March or early April.


Jeff MacKie-Mason sponsored a webinar for ARL Directors to discuss UC Elsevier.


Facilities Director position. The position description was approved.


David mentioned that the feedback for the AULs review is due. He will send out a reminder.


  1. Merrick Fund Applications

EC received three applications. One was approved, one was sent back for more information, and one did not meet the requirements for the fund.


  1. Personnel Issue

EC discussed the issue and made a recommendation.


  1. PRC

EC discussed a PRC member.