Time and Location of Meeting
March 10, 20153:30 pm - 4:30 pm OSLF
Agenda not yet available.
Miriam Centeno, Anna Chen, Eva Chertow, Kasie Janssen, Pat Miller, Cher Schneider, Jody Waitzman (Chair)
- Contacted the six libraries who expressed an interest in exhibit funding. Offered $200 worth of exhibit accessories and gave a list of suggestions from Gaylord (acrylic cradles, label holders, risers, PE strapping, draping cloth, polyester sleeves, paper for bulletin boards)
- Have only gotten response from one library so far
- Should we offer more? $200 doesn’t cover much, especially for libraries with actual display cases, and we have a lot of money (see next point)
- Mueller fund balance is $6,861.22 as of 3/10/2015, and Dean Wilkin has offered $2500/year in additional funding (not sure if the budget situation will allow this to continue…). Actually not sure if the $6800 includes the Dean’s $2500 – waiting to hear back from Sue Searing on that.
- Schedule document is now available on the G drive, Jody is updating as exhibit requests come in. Schedule attached at the end of this agenda.
- Will also keep a spreadsheet of purchases for individual libraries on the G drive
- Spoke with Lesli Lundquist this morning, she agreed that furniture sliders would be a great way to prevent damage to floors and cases in the NS corridor WITHOUT making exhibitors coordinate with facilities. She’s double checking with Jeff but thinks this will work.
2. Cher: contact with exhibitors for install/deinstall; preparation of materials for exhibit
- Cher will have a form letter on G: for whomever takes it over during her maternity leave April –July/August
- Cher is willing to do workshop with help
- Cher will update procedures for website information and give to Miriam.
3. Pat: Graduate student competition
- First exhibit (Words into Music) is currently on display
- From December – do we have to ask Heather Murphy to take announcements off digital signage?
4. Miriam: website; facilities
- Website updates
- Photographing exhibits. Fom Dec – Proposal that we start having exhibitors take photos after they set up their exhibits. Pros: spread the work out, allow the exhibitors more control of intellectual property. Miriam will download photos after exhibitors return the camera.
- Proposed (illustrated!) checklist for exhibitors, copy attached to this agenda
5. Anna: publicity
- Schedule is updated, can send out an email soliciting exhibits for vacant time slots.
6. Kasie: photography
- Kasie has not heard from Miriam about needing photographs so has not taken any.
- Eva looked at website and had feedback. She will send it in an email since Miriam and Jody were absent.
Please chime in on preferences or advice from committee members.
- Proposing to hold 30 min or 1 hour workshop
- On Wed 3/18/15 or Thurs. 3/19/15 @ 1pm in OSLF Conservation Conference Room.
- Proposing two workshops one held each semester
- Displaying 2D Materials – Handling, learning your archival materials, proper displays (boards with corners, PE Straps, Mats, attaching to cradles, making simple cradles.
- Displaying 3D Materials – Handling, learning your archival materials, proper displays (boards with corners, PE Straps, attaching to cradles, making simple cradles.
- Eva and Kasie will gather information, create a blurb, advertise and procure room for workshop
- Last updated April 14, 2015
Marshall Gallery North-South Corridor March 2015 Graduate Student Contest #1 Women’s History Month April 2015 Graduate Student Contest #2 Honoring Library Staff* May 2015 Innovation in Instruction Honoring Student Workers* June 2015 Visual Resource Management AVAILABLE July 2015 AVAILABLE International Buying Trips August 2015 Between Records and Data AVAILABLE September 2015 AVAILABLE AVAILABLE October 2015 AVAILABLE** Homecoming** November 2015 American Music Month* AVAILABLE December 2015 American Music Month* Honoring U of I Faculty* January 2016 AVAILABLE Honoring U of I Faculty* February 2016 Graduate Student Contest #1* March 2016 Graduate Student Contest #2* April 2016 Honoring Library Staff*
- Last updated April 14, 2015