June 7, 2021 Meeting of Executive Committee

Time and Location of Meeting

June 7, 20211:30 pm - 3:00 pm Zoom Meeting

Agenda Details




June 7, 2021


Zoom Meeting


  1. Approve minutes – May 24, 2021
  2. Question Time
  3. Discuss topics to discuss for next week EC AULs/Directors
  4. 5-Year Unit Head Review Process
  5. Main/UGL Integration Project Reports [Sara Holder]
  6. Agenda for June 14

Minutes Details




June 7, 2021

1:30-2:38 pm

Zoom Conference Call


EC Attendees: John Wilkin (Chair); William Maher (Vice-Chair); Dan Tracy (Secretary); Mara Thacker, Mary Laskowski, and Peg Burnette. Lucretia Williams, Recording



  1. Minutes – The May 24, 2021 minutes were approved with changes upon the motion by Bill Maher and seconded by Mary Laskowski.


  1. Question Time – Dean Wilkin updated EC on the following:
  • We continue to make progress on the matter of the contract for the building project. We had a substantive F&S meeting on Friday with both Dennis Craig and the project manager Cheryl Bicknell to confirm a strategy for resolving the open issues, as well as a plan to be able to keep things on the timetable we had before. We still hope to go to the Board of Trustees this calendar year, with a fallback of January of next year. John expects to get resolution on some of the issues this week.
  • There is some preliminary good news on the budget from two quarters, including some adjusted expectations from the Provost’s Office and some preliminary data from our own finance department.
  • Dean Wilkin received several appreciative emails from individuals in response to the announcement of the dual hire opportunity. There were some questions asked clarifying the process and clarifying what’s involved with a dual career hire, as well as a friendly question from a staff member about the duration of funding. The commitment from the Provost and the other college are permanent, and their burden of responsibility grows with the salary and responsibilities of the individual. It’s not always permanent, it depends on the type of position. In this case because it’s a tenure stream position, the commitments are permanent, so long as the person is in the position.


  1. Discussion topics for AULs/Directors at next EC – There are no topic discussion from EC to the AULs/Directors for the next meeting on Monday, June 14, 2021. Lucretia Williams will reach out to the AULs/Directors to see if they have any pressing issues to discuss with EC. If not, EC will cancel their visit and reconvene with the AULs/Directors next month.


  1. 5-Year Unit Head Review Process – Dean Wilkin acknowledged Jennifer Teper for the great work that she’s done suggesting revisions to the process guidelines for the 5-Year Review Process. EC reviewed the document adding some additional language for clarity. Once there is a clean copy with the changes accepted, EC will review it. It will be sent to the library faculty list as an FYI and for feedback.


  1. Main/UGL Integration Project Reports – Sara Holder opened the discussion by asking EC if they had any questions or feedback in regard to the Main/UGL Integration Project Final Reports. EC asked some clarifying questions and suggested some minor edits as well as more information in the main summary report. Sara Holder made note of the suggested revisions from EC and will present those to the taskforce. EC did agree with the general directions and asked for specific recommended membership of the implementation groups proposed in the reports.


  1. Agenda for June 14, 2021 – EC will discuss volunteer Library Committee assignments with Lucretia William. Dean Wilkin will not be present for this part of the meeting.


Meeting Adjourned 2:40 pm