Time and Location of Meeting
June 7, 20041:30 pm - 3:00 pm 428 Library
- Proposed Civil Service Library Series (documents delivered electronically)
Kaufman and Kelly
Outcome: endorse proposed series
- Budget and Implementation Team Updates
Allen and Kaufman
Outcome: understand budget situation and preview Implementation Team’s plans
- Updates and Announcements
Paula Kaufman, Chair, Rod Allen, Bob Burger, Margaret Chaplan (for Sue Searing), Barbara Ford, Lisa German, Peggy Glatthaar, Lyn Jones, Lura Joseph (for Tina Chrzastowski), Betsy Kruger, Bruce Swan (for Tom Kilton & Bill Maher), Paula Watson, Karen Wei, John Weible, Lynn Wiley, Greg Youngen (for Diane Schmidt)
- Proposed Civil Service Library Series-KaufmanCODSULI (Council of Directors of State University Libraries in Illinois) has been working with the Civil Service Commission to develop a single series for civil service library positions. The Committee discussed the draft and gave Paula some input to take to the CODSULI retreat the end of this week. All other input should be mailed to Paula by Thursday morning, June 9.
- Budget and Implementation Team Updates-Kaufman, R. AllenThe State has moved its deadline to balance the budget to June 30. The Budget Group meets June 7.The Implementation Team will meet with EC on June 14 and then will present at the Faculty meeting on June 15. The Team realizes there are many long range things that need done, but they want to do some things this summer. They are focusing on using resources differently to maintain or improv services. The people who will be working on the teams will be working part time. Some teams will start out as task forces to make recommendations; one in the area of improving access and one in the digital library area.
Two divisions will be used as a pilot to look at how they can centralize and do some things together. All teams will be pilots that will all have outcomes and evaluations so we can see if they are achieving what we want them to.
- Updates and Announcements-KaufmanBob Burger handed out the calendar of holiday openings and closings for the Library for June 2004 – June 2005. Bob called particular attention to the July 4 & 5 closing and the closing around Christmas, as there are no ½ days this year.The building was found to be open on Memorial Day by mistake. F&S has apologized and promise to pay close attention to the schedule.