Time and Location of Meeting
June 28, 20211:30 pm - 3:00 pm Zoom Meeting
June 28, 2021
- Approve minutes – June 14, 2021
- Question Time
- Innovation and Seed Funding–CALL FOR PROPOSALS
- PRC Assignment
- Assessment Committee Appointment
- Visiting Metadata Librarian Position Description
- 5-Year Unit Head Review Committee Selection
- 2-2:30 Co-chairs/Chairs of LSSC and LCAP
- Inclusion Task Force Appointees
- MUGLI Working Group: Space Task Force Proposal
- Agenda for EC AULs/Directors 7/12/21
June 28, 2021
Zoom Conference Call
EC Attendees: John Wilkin (Chair); William Maher (Vice-Chair); Dan Tracy (Secretary); Mara Thacker, Mary Laskowski, Kelli Trei, Jennifer Teper, and Peg Burnette. Lucretia Williams, Recording
Invited Attendees: LSSC/LCAP Chairs and Co-Chairs: Rachel Johns, Erik Chapman, John Laskowski, and Jake MacGregor
- Minutes – The June 14, 2021 EC meeting minutes were approved with minor corrections upon the motion by Kelli Trei and second by Peg Burnette.
- Question Time – Dean Wilkin updated EC on the following:
- The architecture and engineering contract has been approved and an announcement will be going out to LibNews. Communications are being coordinated with the Provost’s Office.
- There has been more preliminary work on the budget to determine unencumbered funds and open positions. We’ve identified a little over a half million dollars in unencumbered funds after fulfilling the commitments for the budget reduction and salary program. We have positions that have been held vacant or otherwise not filled equivalent to about $1.2 million. We’ll finish that work of identifying the positions and get them to EC and LSSC/LCAP as soon as possible for a joint conversation about prioritization.
- EC approved Kelli Trei to chair the committee for the Main UGL Instruction Plan.
- Innovation and Seed Funding – CALL FOR PROPOSALS – EC will have two calls this year. Bill Maher will write a draft email for the call and then forward to EC for review before sending out to LibNews. The first call should go out in July 2021.
- PRC Assignment – EC appointed PRC for an untenured faculty. Lucretia Williams will reach to the appointed faculty and inform EC of their decision.
- Assessment Committee Appointment – EC appointed a final member to the Assessment Committee for the new committee cycle. Lucretia Williams will reach out to the appointed individual and inform EC of their decision.
- Visiting Metadata Librarian Position Description – EC approved the revised description. Lucretia Williams will send the Chair of the committee and HR the final position description.
- 5-Year Unit Head Review Committee Selection – EC appointed members to a 5-Year Unit Head Review Committee. This committee will consist of one member from EC, one member of AC member, and one Civil Service representative. Lucretia Williams will reach out to the appointed individuals and inform EC of their decision.
- 2:30-3:00 – LSSC and LCAP Chairs/Co-Chairs – Inclusion Task Force Appointees – EC, LSSC, and LCAP appointed members to serve on the Inclusion Task Force. Lucretia Williams will reach out to the appointed members on their willingness to serve and report back to EC, LSSC, and LCAP with their decisions. The charge will go out soon.
- MUGLI Working Group: Space Task Force Proposal – EC discussed the MUGLI Working Group: Space Task Force Proposal and appointed members to the working group. Lucretia will reach out to the appointed individual to see if they are willing to serve and report back to EC.
- Agenda for EC AULs/Directors for 7/12/2021 – There are no topic discussion from EC to the AULs/Directors for the next meeting on Monday, July 12, 2021. Dean Wilkin will reach out to the AULs/Directors to see if they have any pressing issues to discuss with EC. If not, EC will cancel their visit and reconvene with the AULs/Directors in August 2021.
Meeting adjourned at 3:00 PM.