Time and Location of Meeting
June 14, 20211:30 pm - 3:00 pm Zoom Meeting
June 14, 2021
- Approve minutes – June 7, 2021
- Question Time
- The Vision Statement Team of the DEIA Task Force
- Library Committee Volunteers Appointments
June 14, 2021
Zoom Conference Call
Attendees: John Wilkin (Chair); Bill Maher (Vice-Chair); Jennifer Teper, Mara Thacker, David Ward, Peg Burnette, Dan Tracy, Mary Laskowski, and Kelli Trei. Lucretia Williams; Recording
AULs/Directors not present for this meeting due to lack of discussion topics and focus on committee appointments.
- Approve Minutes for June 7, 2021 – EC Minutes were approved with a motion from Bill Maher, seconded by Mara Thacker.
- Question time – Dean Wilkin updated EC:
- We’re continuing to make some progress in determining unencumbered funds and confirm open positions. That work continues and should be wrapping up soon. In the next couple of weeks EC will have a discussion about both what we have in the way of funds to apply to positions and positions that are pending.
- Dean Wilkin’s regular meeting with the Provost was on Friday, June 11, 2021. They discussed the building project status and the Library’s revised back-to-work plans in light of the governor’s and Chancellor’s announcements. The Provost was encouraged and supportive of our plans, and we will continue to adapt to changing circumstances.
- The Dean asked for feedback on the MUGLI report recommendations. Some questions were asked, and EC agreed to finalize appointments for at least the initial two groups via email.
- Vision Statement Team of the DEIA Task Force – EC discussed the DEIA Vision Statement created by the DEIA Task Force. The task force had a period of open feedback and revised the statement from the previous iteration sent to EC. EC endorsed the statement and suggested to the task force that it seek endorsement from LSSC and LCAP independently of EC.
- Library Committee Appointments – Dean Wilkin was excused for the part of the meeting. Bill Maher and Lucretia Williams lead discussions regarding the Library Committee volunteers for the next term. EC appointed people to various committees. Lucretia will contact those selected and report back to EC of their willingness to serve.
Meeting adjourned at 3:00 pm