July 7, 2015 Meeting of Staff Development and Training Advisory Committee

Time and Location of Meeting

July 7, 20151:30 pm - 3:00 pm 428 Library

Agenda Details


Agenda not yet available.

Minutes Details


Chair Beth Woodard, Skye Arseneau, Sarah Christensen, Jon Gorman, Lisa Hinchliffe, Cindy Ingold, Cindy Kelly, Jessica Le Crone, Megean Osuchowski, Richard Stokes, Zoe Revell


Meeting called to order at 1:30 pm by meeting chair Beth Woodard.

General Housekeeping Business

  • Agenda reviewed
  • Minute taker selected – Richard Stokes (Susan Schnuer is out of town)
  • Approve Minutes from May 5 and June 2 meeting


1. Updates and Announcements

  • ClimateQUAL Cindy Ingold updated and noted their already was a follow up group formed to implement follow up actions.
    • Putting together suggestions
    • Analyzing the justice scales on June 10th.
    • EC will weigh in on the results.
    • Next week looking at the Diversity scales.
    • No Executive Summary as of yet.
    • Strategic Planning document to be done in September.
  • Fall Graduate Assistant Training reviewed by Beth Woodard
    • Issues arising
      • Loss of staff due to training at Reference.
      • Group discussed the schedule for Graduate Assistant training and made adjustments and commitments on training sessions.  Some sessions from the past were consolidated.  Beth also asked that any suggestions on this matter be sent to her.
  • Beth informed us that funding for this year’s GA training for GAs providing reference was approved to be paid centrally.
    • Pay must be applied for, Zoe will coordinate, and hours must be entered in Joyce.
    • Academic Hourly wedges have been recalculated by HR.

2. Report on GREAT Customer Service Training June 17

  • GREAT SWAT Team (Committee) met June 16
    • Jessica Le Crone chair of the SWAT Team
    • Will be setting up a follow up meeting soon.
    • SWAT Team will respond to units requesting more Training on GREAT
    • UGL and SSHEL have expressed an interest in using the SWAT Team.

3. Zoe reported on Wellness Activities

  • Blood Drive – July 9
  • Fall events discussion
  • Passport program which is set for fall, possible photos to be taken in various areas of the library (some concerns expressed about library photo policy)
  • Discussion of various activities to reinforce GREAT program from observing GREAT performance, a possible BINGO check off when observing GREAT performance, and other rewards to GREAT behavior.
    • Also discussed was the possibility of revising the GREAT comment cards and collecting them centrally.
    • Skye suggested that we improve communications on GREAT matters with other committees.
  • Blog posts and schedule
  • Blog posting fell off last year Zoe reported.
  • Want topic suggestions and volunteers to post in blog.
  • Zoe will continue posting for wellness and other events.
  • Possible other bloggers
    • “JJ” to post on service disabilities.
    • Jon Gorman on technical matters
    • Productivity tips Lisa Hinchliffe and Mary Laskowski.

Next Meeting:  September 1, 2015 428 Main Library, Susan Schnuer, minute taker