Time and Location of Meeting
February 19, 20071:30 pm - 3:00 pm 428 Library
- Question Time
- Emergency Closing Procedures
- Annual Reports
- Updates on CPR/AED; sabbatical requests
- Announcements and other updates
Karen Schmidt, chair, Tina Chrzastowski, Bill Maher, Bill Mischo, Lisa Romero, Mary Stuart, Tom Teper, Barb Trumpinksi-Roberts (for Dee Shonkwiler), Scott Walter, David Ward, Karen Wei, Lynn Wiley, Greg Youngen, Recording: Kim Matherly
- Question TimeWhere are we with ID Badges? Scott will check on this and send info out.
What is happening with replacing the support people in 246E? Scott is checking references for one position and expects to fill it soon. Jeff Schrader is starting the process to fill the other position.
How many colleges have been invited to the Provost’s Town Meeting? Kim will check and send out the information.
Is anything happening with the Orchard Downs presentation? Karen hasn’t heard anything more. (There is a web site available detailing the project: www.housing.uiuc.edu/odproject.)
- Emergency Closing Procedures – WalterAfter reviewing responses to Library closure during the weather emergency closing of the Urbana campus during February 2007, AC concluded that the University Library need not pursue identification as an “essential campus service” during weather emergencies. The Library will continue to open and close facilities during weather emergencies according to established campus procedures for a “non-essential service,” but units will explore how to better direct library users to available electronic resources and services during campus closures. Scott will engage central units in a discussion of how to provide this service and will report back to AC later this year.
We do need to develop an emergency closing plan in the case of a long-term closing for such things as infectious diseases. In this case we would need to determine which facilities to keep open and what services could be provided.
Scott will be working on this plan.
- Annual Reports – WalterWalter engaged AC members in a discussion of the value of the unit annual report. AC members identified the value of unit annual reports as historical documents and administrative records, but expressed a desire to see unit reports inform broader reports of University Library activities.
- Updates on CPR/AED- SchmidtWe wouldn’t be able to require civil service employees to take the training, based on their union contracts. Karen has Bernice Harrington looking into the cost of having an AED in each unit. Training for an AED must be recertified every two years. It might be best to ask for volunteers to take the CPR/AED training.
- Announcements and other updatesNo announcements.