Time and Location of Meeting
February 18, 2016
Agenda not yet available.
IAS Staff Meeting
Reference User Services
February 18, 2016
Present: Jan Adamczyk, Kit Condill, Shuyong Jiang, Lisa Renee Kemplin, Joe Lenkart, Xiaoping Qi, Robert Sarwark, Antonio Sotomayor, Mara Thacker, Steve Witt
Announcements & Accolades:
- Thanks to Katrina for the Turkish delight!
- Old version of LibGuides allowed for co-ownership but the new version does not. How to reconcile:
- Steve (w/Rob) will coordinate with Crystal Sheu to customize our guides so the owner is IAS but editor/contact is/are the correct subject specialist(s).
- A new 1-credit Moodle course has been developed by the Study Abroad Office to prepare LAS, ACES, and Engineering students for their study abroad experiences.
- Accepting applications for paid faculty mentors to lead discussion sections; IAS staff are encouraged to apply
- How can IAS as a whole support this program? Steve will interface with program coordinator.
- Suggestions for IAS contributions to faculty announcements via email
- How to search for foreign language materials.
- International components of any kind/databases
- Centers or institutions; international reference
- iTec connection/tie-in with International Week (1st week in April)
- October meeting: IASC21
- 2-day event hosted by IAS in mid-October, possibly in room 106 Main Library
- Workshop format for 15-20 people expected from top US research libraries
- Mara is interested in helping to organize
- Send ideas/questions to Steve
- Area centers have a new reporting regime; Antonio was asked to provide circulation data, but is this possible? We should…
- Guide to data based on the criteria of our subject specialists
- Further discuss ways to clean data and possibly work with analysts to improve process
- May determine that we do not have a way to accurately provide this info
- Check with Tom Tepper (AUL) and Mike Norman re: running reports