February 12, 2014 Meeting of University Library Exhibitions Committee

Time and Location of Meeting

February 12, 20144:00 pm

Agenda Details


Agenda not yet available.

Minutes Details


Cher Schneider, Pat Miller, Jody Waitzman (chair)


1. Membership 

  • Magdalena has left the Library/committee
  • Jody will contact Kim Matherly to discuss getting a new committee member, preferably someone with OpenCMS experience

 2. Schedule 

  • Both spaces are booked through April 2015 (yes, that’s over a year from now!) with the following exceptions:
    • June 2014 in the NS Corridor
    • June 2014 in the Marshall Gallery
    • August 2014 in the NS Corridor
    • January 2015 in the Marshall Gallery
  • February and March will be blocked off for the Grad Student Contest exhibits. These have been designated as recurring exhibits in the document of the same name (located at \\LIBSYS5\groupfiles\Exhibits\Schedules)

3. Supply Cabinet

  • Exhibits cart is no longer locked to the cabinet; the adhesive on the lock keeps failing. Jody will contact Facilities to see if it’d be possible to have a lock permanently installed (with screws). If not, we will leave the cart unlocked.

4. Light Regulation (Redistributed from Magdalena’s responsibilities)

  • Cher will contact Facilities about mitigating visible light damage to items in the NS Corridor cases.
    Our suggestions include: window coverings; moving cases to the east-west corridor on the 1st floor or north-south on the 2nd floor


3. IT/Website Issues (Redistributed from Magdalena’s responsibilities)

  • Jody will contact IT about emailing FROM the excom email address
  • Jody will try again to update the website (add meeting minutes, photos of exhibits, and committee contact information); if updates in the CMS still won’t show on the site, Jody will contact IT to troubleshoot

4. Exhibit Photos

  • Kaylan has been taking photos of exhibits and saving them to G:\Exhibits\Photos of Exhibits

4. Future Meetings

  • For future committee meetings, we will follow a round robin format of updates from each member:
    a) Jody: web calendar; budget mgmt. and ordering
    b) Cher: contact with exhibitors for install/deinstall; preparation of materials for exhibit
    c) Kaylan: assistance with install/deinstall; photography of exhibits
    d) Pat: Graduate student competition
    e) Lucy: Publicity and recruitment of exhibitors
    f) Magdalena/New Member??: website; facilities