Time and Location of Meeting
December 9, 2019428 Library
December 9, 2019
- Approve minutes – December 2
- Question Time
- Staffing Outreach
- Discuss – Strategic Planning and Innovation Grant requests
- January 6 EC?
December 9, 2019
Present: Dean Wilkin, chair, David Ward, vice-chair, Bill Maher, Lynne Thomas, Mara Thacker, Lynne Rudasill, and Paula Carns. Recording- Lucretia Williams
- Approve minutes – The minutes from December 2, 2019 were approved by David Ward second by Mara Thacker.
- Question Time/Dean Wilkin –
- PTAC will be meeting on Thursday, December 12, 2019 to discuss Chairs.
- Work continues on the budget and the AUL’s continue to do work on the classifications of positions. It appears staging searches may not be an issue, as several positions are civil service and one is already filled.
- Discussed EC items for the next Faculty Meeting Agenda on Wednesday, December 11, 2019.
- Staffing Outreach – EC discussed the notion of a task force on shaping positions around outreach and public engagement and concluded that, the task force on outreach and public engagement should have a broader scope, and address needs including staffing, policies, internal communication, and models for an overarching organizational structure. Mara Thacker, as one of the co-chairs of the Public Engagement and Outreach Interest Group, will speak with the committee and will come back to EC with a charge and proposed membership by the end of February 2020.
- Discuss – Strategic Planning and Innovation Grant requests – The EC discussed the submissions for the Strategic Initiatives Grants and the Innovation Grants extensively. David Ward will contact several of the individuals involved in the submission of these grants for clarification and other information related to the grants and then EC will deliberate and provide a final decision on these at the next EC meeting.
- January 6 EC – EC will convene with its next EC meeting on January 6, 2019 and there will be enough members present for a quorum.