Time and Location of Meeting
December 3, 20131:00 pm - 3:00 pm 428 Library
Agenda not yet available.
Skye Arseneau, Kelly McCusker, Cindy Kelly, Cindy Ingold, Lucy Moynihan, Susan Schnuer, Beth Woodard, Zoe Revell
1. Outlook tips and tricks
Mary Laskowski and Lisa Hinchliffe are both willing to demo some tips and tricks. Lisa has postponed her sabbatical, and Michael says IT is discussing when to move to the next version of Outlook, so we’ll wait until that is decided before scheduling this session. Email tips could possibly be sooner, in summer?
2. Customer Service Guidelines (Susan Schnuer and Kelly McCusker) The Services Advisory Group is working on a draft and hope to have it completed by December, and will need to be vetted by the Library.
Address and Respond
Some suggested cookie breaks like the diversity committee did with their document.
3. Wellness activities (Zoe Revell)
Mindful meditation at Spurlock—Zoe is trying to contact her to see if she can come here as well
Blood pressure checks by Parkland students (27 people participated); they will come next semester
CPR class in January
Money Smart week
4. Student training materials on Compass update (Zoe Revell)
5. Barb T wants to add some material, will work with Zoe.
6. Reminder: Encourage folks to apply for supervisory training. Dates for next year:
• Tuesday, January 28th – intro and DiSC 9 am – 4pm (Sims Executive Center)
• Thursday, January 29th Leadership legacy 9 am – 4 pm (Sims Executive Center)
• Thursday, February 27th Change Management: The Place In Between 1 pm – 4 pm(Sims Executive Center)
• Tuesday, March 4 Positive Work Environment: My Kind of Office 9am to noon (Morgan-Caterpillar Room)
• Thursday, March 20 9 am to noon Effective Feedback(Sims Executive Center)
UIUC’s spring break is March 22 – March 30th
• Tuesday, April 3 9 am to noon Topic to be determined(Sims Executive Center)
2014 Supervisory Training Institute Group
March 3 – 3:30-4:30 428 Library
April 4 – 9-10 428 Library
All Previous Supervisory Groups
January 6 – 3:30-4:30 Don’t have a room yet. Will this time work?
7. GA training for spring
Only one new GA right now. May have a few hourlies who work in IAS who may need some of the training. Beth will talk to Steve Witt and Lisa Renee about the IAS folks and the supervisor of the one GA. Zoe will have the training account number for folks who want to register for webinars, etc.
I am having surgery next week and will be out for 6 to 8 weeks. We are scheduled for a meeting on Tuesday, January 7th, which partially conflicts with the Library Working Session on Prioritization. I propose we just cancel our meeting, if that’s okay with everyone. So the next meeting will be February 4, 2014.