Time and Location of Meeting
August 9, 20211:00 pm - 3:00 pm Zoom Meeting
August 9, 2021
1:00 – 3:00pm
- Approve minutes – July 12, 2021
- Question Time
- Task Force on Research and Investigation Time Policy Report
- Strategic Funding Grant
- STEM Entrepreneurship and Business Librarian
- Innovation Report
- Position Prioritization – w/LSSC & LCAP and AULs/Directors
- 5-Year Unit Head Revised Procedure Feedback – w/LSSC & LCAP
August 9, 2021
Attendees: John Wilkin (Chair); Bill Maher (Vice-Chair); Jennifer Teper, Mara Thacker, David Ward, Peg Burnette, Dan Tracy, Mary Laskowski, and Kelli Trei. Lucretia Williams recording.
LSSC/LCAP representatives present: Rachael Johns, Erik Chapman, Jake MacGregor, John Laskowski
AULS/Director present: Chris Prom and Tom Teper.
Meeting Documents: Task Force on Research and Investigation Time Policy Report
- Minutes The June 28, 2021 EC meeting minutes were approved with minor corrections upon the motion by Kelli Trei and second by Peg Burnette.
- Question Time – Dean Wilkin update EC on the following –
- A request came in before the meeting for a strategic funding grant extension. EC agreed to extend it in keeping with other recent extensions.
- EC appointed a chair for RPC. Lucretia Williams will reach out to the appointed and inform EC of their decision.
- Dean Wilkin updated EC on the Academic Program Review, which is likely to take place this spring.
- The university has engaged the Huron Consulting Group to make recommendations. There’s nothing to report aside from the fact that they’re focusing on operational efficiencies. Most of the work is supposed to take place this fall. Paul Ellinger charged the group at the behest of the provost and has been talking to the deans. Work is expected to be completed this fall.
- Dean Wilkin informed EC they’re going to need some kind of process for ongoing position prioritization.
- Task Force on Research and Investigation Time Policy Report – EC discussed the Task Force on Research and Investigation Time Policy Report document and made some language revisions for clarity. Dan Tracy updated the report and will send the final version to EC via email for final approval. The report will be presented at a fall faculty meeting.
- Strategic Funding Grant – This will be discussed at a future EC meeting.
- STEM Entrepreneurship and Business Librarian – This will be discussed at a future EC meeting.
- Innovation Report – This will be discussed at a future EC meeting.
- Position Prioritization –LSSC, LCAP, AULs/Directors shared with EC their ranked/tiered lists for position prioritization based on their committee’s feedback. The plan moving forward is to institute a process of periodic reviews of new positions in the context of the other open positions.
- 5-year Unit Head Revised Procedure Feedback – The 5-year Unit Head revised document was discussed with LSSC and LCAP. This will be discussed further at a subsequent EC meeting.
The meeting adjourned at 3:00 pm.