Time and Location of Meeting
April 6, 2017
Agenda not yet available.
IAS Staff Meeting
April 6, 2017
Present: Jan Adamczyk, Kit Condill, Shuyong Jiang, Lisa Renee Kemplin, Joe Lenkart, Mara Thacker, Xiaoping Qi, and Steve Witt
Guest: Angela Y. W. Ko, Chinese, Korean, and Japanese Librarian, University of Hong Kong
Announcements & Accolades:
- Upcoming events in IAS:
- April 13 3-5pm Fisher and Inaugural Scholars Celebration
- April 14 4-6pm Celebration of Poetry and Translation
- April 27 1-2:30pm Searching for Putin: An Exploration of Sources and Perspectives
- Mara will be focusing on writing from April to August and will divide her time into half days in the office alternating between mornings and afternoons.
- ITEC – Had teleconference meeting with the Graphic Designer, Gretchen Wieshuber from Studio 2D. She was hired with the monies from the Strategic Communications and Marketing Grant to create a visual identity for IAS. Please send any logos or typefaces you are drawn to to Lisa Renee by 2pm on Friday. Meeting with Gretchen scheduled for Monday, April 17 at 2pm in RM 323c.
- Space Committee—Read over report in depth for an upcoming discussion.
- CDC Meeting—Tom Teper has been working with Physical and Life Sciences regarding cancellations. This will create a pooled set of funds that will then be divided proportionately. Steve also had conversations with Tom and gave some money from IPO funds as opposed to IAS Subject Specialist funds. Oak Street and the Stacks will be at capacity in 5-10 years. Estimate now is that Stacks is at 67%. The figure used to determine full capacity is 80%.