April 5, 2021 Meeting of Executive Committee

Time and Location of Meeting

April 5, 20211:30 pm - 3:00 pm Zoom Meeting

Agenda Details




April 5, 2021


Zoom Meeting


  1. Approve minutes – March 22, 2021
  2. Question Time
  3. Discuss topics to discuss for next week EC AULs/Directors

Minutes Details




April 5, 2021

1:30-2:30 pm

Zoom Conference Call


Attendees: John Wilkin (Chair); Bill Maher (Vice-Chair); Jennifer Teper, Mara Thacker, David Ward, Peg Burnette, Dan Tracy, Mary Laskowski, and Kelli Trei. Lucretia Williams; Recording


  1. Approve Minutes for March 22, 2021 EC Minutes were approved as amended with a motion from Kelli Trei, seconded by Mary Laskowski.


  1. Question time – Dean Wilkin updated EC:
  • Dean Wilkin is attending the Senate meeting in the afternoon on April 5, 2021.
  • Dean Wilkin meets with the Provost on Friday, April 9, 2021. There is no news on the budget and there are no updated plans on the fall semester. Dean Wilkin will continue to update EC on anything from Provost meeting on Friday. If there is any more direct guidance from the Chancellor and in Council of Deans, he will pass that on as well.
  • Mary Laskowski updated EC on the latest email communication from the Chancellor on Thursday, April 1, 2021 that included a statement about the library being one of the services that would be open for in person services for the fall. Back to work planning is happening now, and she suggests that the topic be discussed with the AULs and Directors at the next EC meeting on Monday, April 12, 2021. Many of the AULs and Directors are meeting with each Unit Head to get a sense of what the fall might look like in a more open environment.
  • David Ward updated EC on fall re-opening plans. Grainger and UGL are talking about hours until midnight for the fall, versus the 24/5 hours that Grainger normally maintains, which would be ramped up over time. Any unit opening for hours will also be dependent upon what sort of checks we must do and what capacity limits are. Indicators seem to be moving in the direction of more open, as opposed to more closed.
  • David Ward asked if there were updates on campus plans related to remote work policies. Dean Wilkin responded that there is not and there is some discomfort in HR about what they can require or accommodate. What we are planning is in the bounds of the general framework and we are likely to get further guidance from campus HR.


  1. Discussion topics for AULs and Directors for next EC meeting on 4/12/2021 – Topics to be discussed will include:
    • Phase 5 Planning
    • General updates
    • Building updates
    • Tracy Tolliver has been invited to join EC to discuss with Chris Prom updates on IT, including staffing (e.g., classification issues) and challenges IT is facing, following the AUL discussions



  1. Inclusion in Administration and Governance: Proposal Drafting – EC discussed the need to draft concrete proposals based on our discussions for feedback from LCAP and LSSC. Dean Wilkin has charged Mary Laskowski, Dan Tracy, and Mara Thacker to meet as a group after the EC meeting to draft text based on our prior discussions. The goal is not to have a final version but a draft of several different ideas we have discussed that may be revised or blended before any formal proposal is created.



Meeting adjourned at 2:20 pm