Time and Location of Meeting
April 24, 20194:00 pm - 5:00 pm Main - 323c
Wednesday, 4/24/2019, 4:00-5:00 pm – UGL 142 (Mortenson Center, conference room to the left as you walk into the room) [NOTE: location of meeting]
- Welcome and approve minutes 4/18/19 [4:00-4:05]
- LSPT updates (EC meeting, etc.) [4:05-4:10]
- Strategic directions and priorities [4:10-4:55 pm]
- Review and finalize (priorities draft in-progress)
- Other [4:55-5:00 pm]
Next meeting: Wed 5/1/2019 3:30-4:30 pm; UGL 142 (Mortenson Center)
University Library, Mission and Principles – review and consider the following minor adjustments in order to affirm at 4/24 meeting.
In the mission statement, add “In a diverse and inclusive environment” at the beginning or end of the last sentence, or the penultimate sentence.
Rename Principles to Values?
Wednesday, April 24, 2019 from 4:00-5:00pm – UGL 142 (Mortenson Center, conference room)
Clara Chu, Co-Chair; Merinda Hensley, Co-Chair; Jim Hahn (Central Public Service); Joanne S. Kaczmarek (Special Collections); Erin E. Kerby (Life Sciences); William H. Mischo (Physical Science and Engineering Libraries); JJ Pionke (Social Science); Matthew J. Roberts II (Arts and Humanities); William A. Schlaack (Technical Services); Mara Thacker (Area Studies); Jen-chien Yu (Assessment, Ex-Officio); Minutes: Wendy Wolter
Tracy M. Tolliver (Staff and Auxiliary Services) – Absent
- Clara informed the group that the EC meeting went well. She stated that today’s meeting’s goal is to prepare a final draft. The final draft will be submitted to EC by Friday (4/26), and will be returned to the group before the next meeting. At the next meeting, the group will discuss any necessary changes and resubmit the document to EC. The final document will go out to the Library by May 7th, one week before the retreat. The retreat will be in room’s 200 and 220. The group needs to discuss formats before the retreat.
- Clara discussed two different approaches for presenting the material.
– The first approach would be a mapping exercise which allows time for engagement with each group to review unit annual reports and see how these fit with the Strategic Plan.
– The second approach would be an exercise to create common identity. EC did not approve this approach, so it may be tabled for another time.
– The group agreed to the first approach.
- Bill stated that the 2007 Strategic Plan included Gaming for the Ages, an annual Scholarly Communications conference, and a marketing plan to sell merchandise. These plans were implemented with varying levels of success. Merinda replied that the 2007 plan was very specific in direction. The 2019 plan is not as specific, and there are high hopes for implementation for this iteration.
- Clara asked that everyone look at the handout they were given. She asked that everyone break into their assigned group (same pairs and matched with different strategic priority) to review and make changes to refine the “what” the library is doing, and then describe the “why”. Groups handed in their work for incorporation into first draft for EC and AULs.
Next meeting: Thu 5/1/2019 at 3:30-5:00 pm – 142 UGL (Mortenson Center Conference Room)
- Tabled from last meeting: University Library, Mission and Principles – review and consider the following minor adjustments in order to affirm at 4/24 meeting
- In the mission statement, add “In a diverse and inclusive environment” at the beginning or end of the last sentence, or the penultimate sentence.
- Rename Principles to Values?