Time and Location of Meeting
April 17, 2014
Agenda not yet available.
IAS Staff Meeting
April 17, 2014
Present: Jan Adamczyk, Atoma Batoma, Kit Condill, Laila Hussein, Lisa Renee Kemplin, Joe Lenkart, Larry Miller, Xiaoping Qi, Antonio Sotomayor, Mara Thacker, and Dmitry Tartakovsky
Guests: Ula Biegaz, Sveta Stoytcheva, Jen-Chien Yu
Discussion of Statistical Report:
- The report took approximately 40 hours to compile, but should be a slightly shorter process next time.
- We should be sure that the statistical report lines up with the data needed for the IAS annual unit report.
- Some qualitative data such as email feedback or even comments for LibQual might be good to integrate, pending time investment and method to collect such comments from individual faculty members.
- Communicating out about this by having an open presentation would be good, but we should wait for a year to give IAS faculty and staff time to adjust their habits and be sure they are well represented in the report. We could, however, share an executive summary even now.
- At a future staff meeting remind people how to use Desk Tracker to record personal reference interactions, remind people about co-owning LibGuides, encourage people to use IAS Facebook page.
- The department head should work with the GA to write an executive summary/introductory report that highlights trends and achievements and gives some context.
- There is support for having this report compiled every semester including summer and also having an annual compilation.
- We should revisit how our Desktracker page is set up and look for ways to be more consistent both internally and compared to other library units.
- There was some discussion about whether we should leave Facebook out of this report or not—some felt our Facebook page wasn’t used enough and it would make us look bad and others felt it was still important data about engagement and can help us make decisions and improve our usage of social media.
- We should have the open presentation next Fall or Spring.