Time and Location of Meeting
April 17, 20061:30 pm - 3:00 pm 428 Library
- Plan for Locating the Media Collection in Open Stacks (attached)
Outcome: Information about new plan
- Emergency Telephone Tree
Burger, T. Harris
Outcome: Clarification of Telephone Tree and possible changes
- Announcements and Updates
Paula Kaufman-chair, Bob Burger, Tina Chrzastowski, Jenny Johnson (for Bill Maher), Janis Johnston, Al Kagan (for Karen Wei), Tom Kilton, Betsy Kruger, Beth Sandore, Karen Schmidt, Sue Searing, Dee Shonkwiler, Lynn Wiley, Visitors: Theresa Harris, Lisa Hinchliffe, Mary Laskowski; Recording: Kim Reynolds
- Plan for Locating the Media Collection in Open Stacks – Laskowski, HinchliffeSee attached.
Gaming Tournament – gaming will be used as an outreach mechanism, especially to undergraduates. The Tournament will take place on April 29 from 7:00-10:00pm on the upper level. There will also be a dance revelation board. Pre-registrations is required for the tournament. Chris Hamb has developed a gaming website. His research involves gaming as an education tool.
- Emergency Telephone Tree – Burger, T. HarrisSee attached.
Messages are called into the University Librarian’s office, the Phone Center, etc. Sometimes these messages are emailed to LibNews, other times there is a public address through or PA system, and at other times the phone-tree is initiated.
It was suggested that signs be put up when everyone has been evacuated to the basement so people coming into the Library will know to go to the basement.
- Announcements and UpdatesPictures of entrants to the edible book contest can be found athttp://www.library.uiuc.edu/ediblebooks/2006gallery.html .