SSHEL Group Study Rooms
The Social Sciences, Health, and Education Library (SSHEL) has two group study rooms, both in SSHEL North (Room 100, Main Library), for group study sessions, presentation practice, and other collaborative educational work. Both rooms have a table and chairs with outlets for laptops. One group study room also includes a TV monitor which you can hook up to your laptop or computer as well as a dry erase board, dry erase markers and eraser. Cables are included; however, laptop/computer is not included.
If you have trouble using the Online Room Reservation System, please call SSHEL at 217-244-1864 or visit the Library for assistance.
Reserving a Group Study Room
- Rooms in SSHEL can be reserved using the Online Room Reservation System.
- Once you found a room you would like to reserve, click on the room, and enter your first and last name and University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign email address.
- Click on Call D!BS!
- Group study rooms can be reserved for a maximum of 2 hours per room per day per patron. Additionally, you may have only have two reservations total for SSHEL group study rooms in a two-week period.
- After 2 hours of use, another member of the group may renew the reservation one time (maximum of 2 additional hours) IF the room is not already requested or reserved.
- Standing reservations (such as every Wednesday at 3 P.M.) are not permitted.
- Rooms can be reserved up to fourteen days in advance.
- The group member who reserved the room must check in at the Information Services Desk in SSHEL North (Room 100, Main Library).
- In the event of a late arrival, the room will be held for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time.
- When the room is not reserved, it is available on a first come, first served basis for a maximum of 2 hours per group per day. Groups without a reservation should check in at the Information Services Desk in SSHEL North (Room 100, Main Library) at the desired time of use.
Room Use Requirements
- Use of the room is limited to University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign students, faculty, or staff with a valid and current Illinois email address. Rooms may be used by groups only, with a minimum of 2 people. One room can accommodate up to 6 people, while the other room can accommodate up to 4. Individual use is not permitted.
- Rooms may not be used for regular class meetings, office hours, or library staff meetings or events.
- Rooms open for use 30 minutes after SSHEL opening time and close 30 minutes before SSHEL closing time each day.
- Food is not permitted in the the rooms. Drinks in containers with lids are permitted.
- All SSHEL, University Library, and University policies apply while using group study rooms.
For more information about University Library room reservations see the Library Group Room Reservation Procedures Guide.