Primary Source Material:
- The yearbook of the University of Illinois, published since 1894.
- The Daily Illini
- The University of Illinois’ independent student newspaper, published in various iterations since 1871.
- Illinois Alumni News
- Board of Trustees Proceedings
- An Illini Century: One Hundred Years of Campus Life
- 1967 volume edited by Roger Ebert, which presents the history of the University of Illinois’ first century through excerpts from The Daily Illini.
- We’re Loyal to You, Illinois: The Story of Illinois Bands Under Albert Austin Harding for 43 Years by Cary Clive Burford
- Carl Stephen’s Manuscript History
- Guide to Disability Research Resources
- On the Banks of the Boneyard by Charles Albert Kiler
Archives Generated Resources:
- Origins of the University of Illinois Homecoming
- History of the Ku Klux Klan at Illinois
- Illinois Goes To War: campus during WWII
- History of the “Fighting Illini“
- “Historical Overview of the People, Buildings, Programs, and Accomplishments of the University of Illinois, 1867-1980” slide show