There are several options for returning and renewing library books.
Log in to your Library account and renew your books (should work for most items)
- Go to the Library’s catalog
- Click on “Sign In” on the top right corner.
- After signing in, click on your name in the top right corner, then click on “My Loans”
- Select “Renew”. If “Renew” is not an option, email email@example.com and we will take care of the renewal for you.
Return your books to any University of Illinois book drop
- Outdoor book drop at Grainger Engineering Library and Information Center, located on the south east wall of the building facing Bardeen Quad
- Outdoor book drop at the Main Library, located outside of the Main Library building on the south side of the building off of the E3 parking lot
- Book drop outside the Math Library doors (Safer Illinois app, Boarding Pass, and face coverings required to enter Altgeld Hall)
- Any other University Library book drop to which you have access – your book(s) will be shipped back to the Math Library.
Contact us directly with special concerns, or renewal requests that you can’t complete
- If your book is from another institution, we may need to call the institution to renew it.
- If your book is now available through the HathiTrust ETAS program, contact us for renewal options.
- If your book has already been renewed for the maximum number of renewals, contact us for renewal options.