Naseej Academy and SLA–AGC Grant to Attend Mortenson Center Associates Program
About the grant
A grant jointly awarded by Naseej Academy and the Arabian Gulf Chapter of the Special Libraries Association (SLA-AGC) will enable two professionals in library, information and archive institutions in the Arab world to participate in the Mortenson Center Associates Program. The grant covers the airfare, accommodation and program cost.
Grant’s Terms to apply
- Library, information and archive professionals in the Arab world are invited to apply, including those candidates who were not successful in previous applications.
- Current employment in a library, information center, or archive, with minimum three years’ experience.
- Each institution has the right to nominate two applicants for the grant, one main and a reserve.
- Participants should be fluent in conversational English and possess a reading knowledge of English. This program is delivered in English only.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Priority will be given to members of the Special Libraries Association – Arabian Gulf Chapter, whether those members are the applicants themselves or the institutions they represent.
A jury panel composed of scholars, experts, members from Naseej Academy board, and the Mortenson Center for International Library Programs, will review and evaluate the applications. Next, the jury will interview the pre-selected candidates to to select the two final winners.
2019 application: http://success.naseej.com/mortenson-grant-2019
Naseej Academy and SLA-AGC Grant Winners
- Nehad Ali Said AL Hadi,
- Librarian at Main Library, Sultan Qaboos University, Sultanate of Oman. Visit Ms. Nehad’s Blog here.
- Mr. Mohannad Salameh AlKhalialeh,
- Manager of Studies and Information Department at the University of Jordan Library, Jordan. Visit Mr. Mohannad’s Blog here.
- Mr. Walid bin Ali bin Salem,
- President of Oman Libraries Association, Sultanate of Oman. Visit Mr. Walid’s Blog here.
- Ms. Dalal Abdul Qawi Muhammad Qassim,
- Information Specialist, Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi), United Arab Emirates.