The Mortenson Center Celebrates 30 Years in 2021!
30th Anniversary Celebration Program – November 8, 2021:
- 10:30-12:00pm CT | 30th Anniversary Forum | Recording | Anniversary Forum Transcript
- 10:30am – Welcome
- 10:40am – Tribute to Mortensons and the Center
- 10:45am – Past Directors Remarks
- 10:50am – Transformational Leadership Panel
- 11:20am – 30 Years and Beyond: Community and Sustainable Development Panel
- 12:00pm – Celebration and Connections Break
- 12:30-2:00pm CT | 31st Annual Mortenson Distinguished Lecture – “Engineering Change and the Power of Information: Otherness, Exclusion, Propaganda, Dislocation” featuring Dr. Agnes Kaposi.
– followed by a conversation moderated by Dr. Valerie J. Matsumoto, Professor & George and Sakaye Aratani Chair on the Japanese American Incarceration, Redress and Community, UCLA
Postcard Flyer: (JPG: front :: back | PDF) | Poster: (11″×17″ PDF high res | low res) | Recording | Distinguished Lecture Transcript
- For up-to-date information, visit: https://www.library.illinois.edu/mortenson/lectures/
- “Yellow Star-Red Star” Book Giveaway: CLOSED – Thank you for your interest!
- CO-SPONSORED BY: Department of Asian American Studies | Center for Global Studies through support from the US Department of Education’s Title VI NRC Program | European Union Center | Grainger College of Engineering and the Department of Computer Science | Program in Jewish Culture & Society | Mortenson Center for International Library Programs | School of Information Sciences | University of Illinois Library at Urbana-Champaign | Women & Gender in Global Perspectives Program
30th Anniversary Celebration Activities:
- June 18, 2021 | “Library Services to Refugees during the COVID-19 Pandemic” – A World Refugee Day Webinar
Flyer: JPG, PDF | Recording: <click here>
- September 16, 2021 | “Food Culture from Near and Far: Stories of Identify and Belonging” – A Welcoming Week Online Panel Discussion | Flyer: JPG, PDF | Recording: <click here>
- September 21, 2021 | “Libraries Recovering Better for an Equitable, Sustainable and Peaceful World” – A Libraries for Peace Webinar | Flyer: JPG, PDF | Recording: <click here>
To celebrate Libraries for Peace Day click here for more information.
- Mortenson Center Alumni Maps: Historical Map & Where are They Now Map
- Acting Together for the Sustainable Development Goals: A Global Library Leadership Forum
Mortenson Alumni (Associates and Leaders) over the years:
30th Anniversary Information:
- Original 30th Anniversary flyer <JPG>
- To view the highlights and history of the Mortenson Center, visit LibGuides!