MC Loanable Technology Policies and Terms
General Terms and Conditions
- The Library reserves the right to limit the number of bookings a patron can make on an item (or similar item) in order to provide access to multiple students. In general, the limit is one item per category at a time.
- Reservations are not guaranteed, since it is contingent on the previous patron returning the item on time.
- The Library requires 72 hours after the return of an item before the borrower can check out the same or a similar item.
- Exceptions to policy for academic use may be made at the discretion of Library administration. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
- If any pieces are damaged or missing during the loan period, the borrower is held responsible and must discuss the issue with UGL Billing: go.library.illinois.edu/uglbilling
- If anything is missing or damaged, the item will not be discharged from the borrower’s account until the situation is resolved.
- The library is not responsible for any damage that may occur to equipment while in possession of the borrower.
- By making a booking, the borrower agrees that all pieces are present upon check out.
- The item must be returned to the Loanable Technology Desk in the Media Commons at the Undergraduate Library and cannot be returned to a different library or via a book drop box.
- Overdue fines of $15/day begin accruing as soon as the items become overdue.
- Loanable technology equipment will not be discharged from the borrower’s account until all the items are inspected and accounted for by a library staff member.
- The Library does not provide common battery types (AA and AAA) for circulating items, nor will we refund any personal battery purchases.
Notice: Warning of Copyright Restrictions
The copyright law of the United States (title 17, United States Code) governs the reproduction, distribution, adaptation, public performance, and public display of copyrighted material. A person who uses technology to make an unauthorized copy of copyrighted material may be liable for copyright infringement unless they have a valid justification for making the copy, such as fair use. Should you have questions regarding copyright, please contact the University’s Copyright Librarian, Sara Benson, at email@example.com. General copyright information is also available online at: http://guides.library.illinois.edu/copyrightreferenceguide.
Loanable Technology Checkout Procedure
- Book equipment item in advance
- In general, patrons may only book one item per category at a time.
- All users must agree to our terms and conditions at time of booking.
- Visit the Loanable Technology Desk on the upper level of the Undergraduate Library.
- Bring an active UIUC i-card.
- After use, please return items to the Loanable Technology Desk in the Media Commons during our open hours.
- In-Library items: 2 hours
- Out-of-Library items: up to 10 days
- Overdue fines are $15/day (for 10 day items)
- Overdue fines are $5/hour (for 2 hour items)