Many funding agencies already require or will soon require data management plans to be submitted with grant proposals. The UIUC Research Data Service maintains a list of data plans and policies released by funding agencies, including the CDC, DOE, NIH, NSF, USAID, and USDA.
Data repositories are usually either institution- or discipline-specific.
I am open to providing services and assistance that UIUC life scientists would find most helpful from the University Library. Please contact me, if you are interested in discussing your specific data needs. Services and assistance could include:
- Providing a data management workshop/presentation
- Providing consultation on creating or implementing a data management plan
- Providing DOIs for datasets
- Assisting with data deposit in the Illinois Data Bank
- Identifying potential repositories for depositing or acquiring data