Title: Milmine (Ill.) Christian Church. Records, 1876-1988
Extent: 2.0 cubic feet
Forms of Material: Organizational records
In 1862, Enos Farnsworth laid out a town on land he owned in Piatt County, Illinois. A union church first served the village. In 1879, nine residents joined together to organize the Milmine Christian Church. Although the congregation remained small, the church survived until it was disbanded in 1988.
This collection preserves the church's financial journals, records of auxiliary organizations, and related documents. Of special note are the nearly complete records of the church's Sunday Schools. Included in this group is the record book, 1876-77, of the village's independent Sunday School, which predated the Milmine Christian Church. The collection contains church rolls and a few incoming letters as well.
Ann L. Skagenberg served as cleark of the church at the time it closed its doors. Acting for the church trustees, Sam Bradenburg, Donald Craw, and Mrs. Charles Taylor, she donated the records to the Library in 1989.
PDF finding aid for Milmine (Ill.) Christian Church. Records